My Life Transformation – Part 1

Unfortunately, it’s been quite some time since I’ve written a post.  Between my last post and now, it’s been a rollercoaster ride for me with my business… yes, I know- excuses, excuses, excuses, and I’m back and starting off on an upswing!

On to the beginning of my transformation…

In May, I went to a local chamber of commerce morning leads event and a Tony Robbins’ rep was there speaking.  After the presentation, he invited us to Tony’s 3-1/2 day event in New Jersey for half price.  It was a great presentation and motivating, but at that time, I didn’t think about going to the New Jersey event.

In June, I went to the same chamber’s leads at lunch event.  The same gentleman was there to present again.  For me, a nice refresher, and for others, a first time.  My sister-in-law missed the May presentation and showed up for this one.  Again, offered the discount for the New Jersey event.  My sister-in-law and I stayed afterwards to talk more to the rep and get more information about New Jersey.  We were very interested and both of us knew that this would be a life changing event.  She signed up then and there.  I handed my sheet back in- blank.  I didn’t have enough credit on my credit card.  This bothered me and did so all the way home.  Kept on saying to myself that I need to come up with a way, the monies, to get to New Jersey to support my sister-in-law and have the intentions to work on myself and on my business.  A few days later, I came up with my in to New Jersey and to see Mr. Tony Robbins live and in person!  I signed up.  Where there is a will, there is a way.

I received the pertinent information via email that day and the days following.  Over the next week or so, we made our hotel reservations, parking reservations, etc.  I even purchased his pre-event homework package.  While going through the homework app, workbook, and Facebook group (the interactions with newbies, such as myself, repeaters, and volunteer crew) intensified the longing to go in the next week or so.

Yes, that day has come!  We started the day with a delay due to a family health issue.  A few hours later, it was time to start our 2-1/2 hr. drive to New Jersey for the Unleashing the Power Within (UPW) event.  On the way down, we listened to the homework, talked about our intentions for the long weekend, and became even more excited.  We made it down in good time, with a few minor traffic delays, checked into the hotel, unpacked, and made our way to pre-registration.  We found a decent (and free) parking space a short walk away.  Getting closer to the event we saw that the lines were wrapped around the building- not surprising, as 14,000 people were attending, finding out that many got into line hours before the start of pre-registration.

What really got me more pumped up about this event, making the pre-registration wait more bearable, was that several of the volunteer crew members were not only there to answer questions, but asking questions of us, high-fiving us, increasing the excitement level, giving us an idea of what was ahead of us over the next few days.  Talking to those in line near us helped pass the waiting time.  Finally getting inside, the registration process was fairly quick and easy- thanks to the flow crew, getting our name tag badges, wrist bands, a bagful of information, and one of Tony’s books.  We weren’t lucky enough to get the early bird giveaway, and that was OK.  All in all, it took just over an hour, not too bad.  By now, we were hungry- finding a restaurant just a block away.  We ordered knowing that this would be our last real meal for the next four days (no lunch or dinner breaks were in the schedule).  Our last stop was back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep for an early morning start.

The schedule consisted of 12-15 hour days, as noted earlier, no scheduled meal breaks, on our feet standing, dancing, high-fiving, hugging, shoulder massages, celebrating, meditating, yelling and screaming, and taking notes for a majority of the 50+ hours- yes, it was expected of us to go all out for the entire weekend, and we did!  They did allow us to sit every now and then.  This was all planned purposely by Tony to get us to be uncomfortable and break our usual patterns, and that we would survive in the end.  For food, we snuck in snacks and had the option to purchase from the few vendors within the venue.  Their food wasn’t that great and healthier choices were few and ran out quickly.  For clothes, we dressed casual comfortable and warm.  Tony likes to keep the temps frigid in the stadium, so we were prepared.  Fortunately, up in the nose bleeds, it didn’t get too cold, so we were pretty comfortable.  Cough drops were a necessary item, as we found out why within the first day.

Stay tuned for My Life Transformation Part 2, where I will delve into each day’s goings on and Part 3, where I talk about my personal and business transformation post UPW.



Please enjoy a glimpse of my transformation:


By | 2017-08-28T19:12:20+00:00 August 28th, 2017|Happiness, Health, Wealth|Comments Off on My Life Transformation – Part 1