This month, I’d like to talk about my passion, Reiki Energy Healing, more specifically, Distance Reiki Healing, and how I can help people. While Energy Healing modalities have been around for thousands of years, it is still fairly a mystery to many people, as they get hung up on the how it works. I will do my best by using laymen’s words that all will understand, at least the concept, to best describe my work.
Before I get to Distance Reiki, let’s get familiar with Reiki Energy Healing, in general.
What Is Reiki?
- Reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels. Physically- aches and pains, breaks, pulled muscles, cuts, burns, etc. Mentally- those who have depression, anxiety, PTSD, suicidal tendencies, etc. Emotionally- for those who are facing or who have faced the death of a family member, friend, colleague, pet and are having a hard time dealing with it. Even for those in hospice and scared to die- I’ve worked on a few friends, family members, and our dog. Watching them release that worry and stress is so satisfying. And lastly, Spiritually- for those who would like to find or increase their spirituality.
- Reiki means Universal Life Energy. Rei = Universal Life and Ki= Energy. One thing to keep in mind is that Everything Is Energy, including your thoughts, gestures, the air, people, animals, plants, water, fire, sound, your phone, the chair that you are sitting in- yes, literally everything is energy!
- It is done by “laying on of hands” (light touch) or “distance” (no touch) and has been practiced for thousands of years. My Hands-on session is a light touch starting at the head, working down one side of the body, then the other side, having the client turn over, again, working down one side, then the other side, and ending at the feet. Distance or no-touch can be done with hands hovering a few inches over the body, to a few feet, from another room, city, state, across the country, and even around the world. There isn’t any interruption of energy work at any distance.
- Reiki can be done on one’s self, on another, pets/animals, objects, the environment, etc. Anything can be Reikied to receive healing energy. I’ve Reikied business cards, crystals, my wallet, my phone, my laptop, and other objects. Pets and animals, especially horses, loves energy work. They can feel the energy on people who practice Reiki and other Energy work modalities and will be attracted to them. I’ve worked on our dogs to release the negative energies and abuse that they’ve encountered before being rescued.
- It’s not necessary to direct the energy, it knows where the body needs healing. For example, although my hands may be positioned one’s arm, if the energy feels that one’s stomach needs healing, it will go there on its own. I still continue working through the body positions.
- Reiki can never do any harm. It is always helpful and safe. Reiki comes from a place of love, from the Universe, from the heart. Reiki can not be done with negative, hatred, or hurtful intentions.
- As a Reiki Master/practitioner, I am not in danger of taking on the ailments of the client.
- Practitioner’s energies are not depleted, they increase one’s energies. We use the energies channeled to and through us from the Universe and Mother Earth, allowing our energy to remain or increase during a session.
Distance Reiki Healing
- As noted earlier, Reiki can be sent to people who are across the room, across town, across the country, or around the world. There isn’t a barrier when doing Distance Reiki. It is just as effective as Hands-on Reiki.
- Like with Hands-On, Distance Reiki also works on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels. Additionally, it can be used for future events and to heal past traumas.
- Distance Reiki first establishes a connection with a person’s name written on paper or a picture of them, then Reiki can be sent to that person with their intention(s). I use both if available, directing their intentions to them. This is similar to the energy knows where to go, as described earlier.
- There are several ways to send Distance Reiki- with a surrogate, with a doll or teddy bear, picture or name on a piece of paper (as noted above), just to name a few. Personally, I use a set of rainbow colored crystal pyramids with their assigned chakra (invisible “wheels” of energy) alignment to the body with a pendulum and picture/name on paper. Everyone has 7 major Chakras “in body”- they are located at the base of the spine or coccyx (red, in color), genital area (orange, in color), the solar plexus/abdomen (yellow, in color), the heart (green, in color), throat (blue, in color), the 3rd eye/in between the eyebrows (dark blue/violet, in color), and the crown/top of the head (violet/white, in color). I use a pendulum to check for blockages or clearing of chakras within my clients. If there are blockages, an excess (hypo) of energy, or low (hypo) energy, I work to clear or regulate them.
- Reiki can be sent to national or world crisis situations. I’ve been sending Reiki/Healing Light on a daily basis to 7.8 billion people world wide since March of last year (2020) due to Covid. Groups will get together in person and/or virtually and direct healing energy to disaster and crisis situations.
- Distance Reiki can also be done in a group setting for general healing/cleansing.
- Houses/Business offices or rooms within are often Reikied to clear the space of negative energies. Before starting a Reiki session, no matter where it is, I will always clear the space.
What can Be Treated?
- Reiki is both powerful and gentle. It has aided in helping to heal illnesses and injuries, including:
- Multiple Sclerosis and other Autoimmune Disorders
- Heart Disease, Cancer
- Skin problems, cuts, bruises, sunburn
- Broken bones
- Colds, flu, viruses, sore throat
- Fatigue, insomnia
- Patients in hospice
- depression, anxiety, PTSD
Photos of Reiki Energy Healings
Hands-on Reiki at client’s office Hands-on Reiki outside at client’s house
Reikiing my dog, Primrose My Distance Reiki Table Set Up
My Ideal Client
Although, I am more than happy to work with anyone looking to better their health, I support and comfort people who suffer from work-related and financial-related stress and those with Autoimmune Disorders. Releasing their stress, aches, pains, inflammation, and toxins, so they can feel and get better physically, mentally, and emotionally. This allows them greater mobility and return to social activities- Living Life @ 300%- Wealth, Health, & Happiness.
What I’ve found, in regards to stress, is that many people work too hard in places where they are not happy or hate their job. This causes undue stress to the point where it negatively affects their physical, mental, and emotional health. They hang on to their job because they feel it is a safety net position and receives a consistent paycheck. They tend to ignore the signs that their body is sending them and they fall ill. When caught in time, Reiki Energy Healing can help to release their stress. My personal experience, while going to work in the morning, I would get stress-related chest pains. The stress was affecting my work with patients, co-workers, and my home life. I heard about Reiki and tried it. After a few sessions, I noticed a difference in my stress levels and started feeling better, I continued sessions every 3 weeks. I also started to meditate daily at lunch time to release the morning stress. A short time later, fortunately, I Iost that job. As I walked out the door, I felt an amazing lifting of stress release from my chest and shoulders. I honestly feel that Reiki (and meditation) literally saved my life. Now, I gladly help others release their stress from work and/or financial issues.
What I’ve found, in regards to Autoimmune Disorders, is that many people who have been diagnosed and suffering with Autoimmune Disorders are in pain, lack proper mobility or flexibility, have constant brain fog, depression and anxiety. They are frustrated because, often, they have difficulty doing simple tasks, have a hard time getting around, and constantly worry that they are bothering family and friends. Their doctors tell them that this is for a lifetime and they can keep them comfortable with medications. In reality, many people have been misdiagnosed and/or have been put on medications, diets, and therapies that worsens their conditions. Quite often, their medications were the cause for mobility issues, brain fog, anxiety, and depression. There are several safe, natural, holistic, healthy, and effective ways to feel and get better- releasing aches and pains, releasing inflammation, releasing the brain fog, gaining back their mobility, gaining back their personal identity, and returning to social activities. I have friends and colleagues who have taken their health into their own hands. They did tons of research and followed healthier and safer dietary regimens, used natural and holistic therapies, listened to their bodies (all under the care of a physician), to eventually taking the minimal doses and/or getting off their meds. They are healthier, happier, and living life on their terms.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.